One of the main barriers to anyone taking up the Banting/LCHF/Keto lifestyle is skepticism and the fear of harming one’s health with too much fat and too little carbohydrates. A healthy skepticism is a good thing. We must always be open to questioning our beliefs, but finally here is a study to put everyone at ease.
In short a 24 week study was done on 83 patients limiting their daily carbohydrate intake to 30g, their protein to 1g/kg of bodyweight, and enough fat to feel satisfied.
The results speak for themselves:
- The weight and body mass index of the patients decreased significantly
- The level of total cholesterol decreased
- HDL [good] cholesterol levels significantly increased
- LDL [bad] cholesterol levels significantly decreased
- The level of triglycerides decreased significantly
- The level of blood glucose significantly decreased.
Here are the results in black and white:
The body mass index
HDL [good] cholesterol
LDL [bad] cholesterol
The level of triglycerides decreased significantly
The level of blood glucose significantly decreased.
For more see this study
For the tools and support you need to get the same result and more, click here